26 de set. de 2009

Brand New Eyes


We still live in the same town, well, don't we? But I don't see you around anymore. I go to all the same places, not even a trace of you..I'm getting bored waiting round for you, we're not getting any younger, and I won't look back 'cause there's no use. It's time to move forward! I feel no sympathy, You lived inside a cave! You barely get by the rest of us, you're trying, there's no need to apologize, I've got no time for feeling sorry! I tried not to think of what might happen, when your reality, finally, cuts through. Well, as for me, I got out and I'm on the road. The worst part it that this, this could be you. You know it too, you can't run from your shame! You're not getting any younger, time is passing by, but you waited awake..It's time to roll over! And all the best lies,they are told with fingers tied! So cross them tight, won't you promise me tonight? If it's the last thing you do, you'll get out..I've got no time for feeling sorry! You would have never known. I had it all, but not what I wanted 'cause hope for me was a place uncharted and overgrown. You make your way in, I resist you just like this. You can't tell me to feel, the truth never set me free, so I did it myself. You can't be too careful anymore. When all that is waiting for you. Won't come any closer, you've got to reach out a little more. Open your eyes like I opened mine, it's only the real world. A life you would never know. Shifting your way, to throw off the pain. Well you can ignore it, but only for so long. You look like I did, you resist me just like this, you can't tell me to heal. And it hurts remembering, how it felt to shut down.

Nenhum comentário:

Postar um comentário